Kroc Center Corporate Wellness Program
The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corps Community Center on the Mississippi Gulf Coast has developed a unique and appealing opportunity for businesses to further enhance their image in the Mississippi Gulf Coast community. By enrolling in the Kroc Center Corporate Wellness Program, your business will be demonstrating corporate social responsibility and, at the same time, make a difference in the lives of under-served children, families and seniors throughout the region. One of the other benefits you’ll enjoy is the opportunity to offer employees and their families discounted memberships to our state-of-the-art facility, designed to illuminate each individual’s natural gifts and potential through education, sports, the arts and spiritual enrichment.
Employers agree that wellness programs or “health promotion programs” are an excellent way of keeping workers healthy and minimizing insurance claims, absenteeism and disability costs. “Proponents say a well-run, longtime program can cut costs by 25 percent, returning more than $5 for each $1 spent,” according to a recent Omaha World Herald article. Other facts include:
- For each dollar invested in wellness programs, businesses average a return of $3.48 in medical costs. (The figure is $5.81 if reduced absenteeism is included.)
- A review of 60 scientific studies indicates that comprehensive wellness programs reduce health care expenses by an average of 26.5 percent.
- According to a national survey, eight out of 10 Americans say their trust in a company or corporation increases substantially with that company’s corporate support of causes. A corporation’s charitable cause can also give a much-needed boost to employee morale.
Our goal is to provide a comprehensive plan which emphasizes your commitment to your employees, your employees’ families, the community of Biloxi as well as the entire Mississippi Gulf Coast. Your participation will also assist us in increasing memberships, boost sponsorship giving and increase ancillary uses of The Kroc Center in the form of rentals by businesses and organizations.
With our Corporate Wellness Program, your employees can:
- lower healthcare costs
- reduce absenteeism
- increase productivity
- have fewer on the job accidents
- increase their overall job satisfaction