Gymnasium and Athletic Field Rules & Guidelines
It is the intent of The Salvation Army Ray and Joan Kroc Corp Community Center Athletic Department to offer programs that meet the high standards that the Mississippi Gulf Coast Community is entitled to. Use of the gymnasium and athletic field by families and residents of all ages is strongly encouraged. The following guidelines have been established to help operate and maintain The Kroc Center and to meet the goals established by the athletic department. Please feel free to comment on any problems you may have and to report any acts conducted by individuals or groups that jeopardize or intimidate the users of the athletic department.
- Youth under 12 years old must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or supervised in all areas of the department, unless they are participating in an organized program or activity. Parent/guardian with youth 12 years and older must remain in the facility at all times.
- Alcoholic beverages are strictly prohibited.
- The Kroc Center is a smoke free facility.
- No pets are allowed except those assisting a person with a disability or if a special program (i.e. police canine presentations or other demonstrations) is scheduled.
- The Kroc Center or staff is not responsible for any lost or stolen articles. It is strongly recommended that all belongings be placed in a locker and secured with a personal lock. Please do not bring valuables into the facility. Locks can be purchased or rented at the front desk. All locks must be removed daily.
- Eating and drinking is permitted in designated areas only.
- No spitting, chewing tobacco, or gum is permitted in the facility.
- Only scuff-resistant shoes are allowed in the activity areas of the building. Dark soled running shoes, turf shoes, spiked shoes and any other types of shoes which mark the floors, especially the gymnasium and aerobic floors are absolutely prohibited. Muddy or dirty shoes are not permitted. Participants are asked to please change into a separate, clean pair of shoes for their indoor recreational use. Shoes are required to be worn at all times while in the facility, unless designated by the activity or program instructors.
- Proper behavior is required at all times in the facility.
- The following activities are not permitted and will result in suspension, expulsion or termination of membership and/or use of the facility.
- Property damage or vandalism
- Loitering (inside or outside of the facility)
- Disorderly conduct
- Each area has individual guidelines for you safety and enjoyment. Please follow these guidelines which are posted.
- Participating in the facilities activities, programs, and equipment is at your own risk. If you need help or assistance please ask the athletic staff.
- We recommend that any individual involved in strenuous activity carry appropriate identification in case of emergency.
- The athletic staff reserves the right to add, amend or delete rules as necessary.
Please Note: Participation in any physical activity has possible inherent and unforeseen risks which include injury or death. Anyone using the facility must be aware of this fact, assume the risks and be responsible for taking proper precautions
We will try to keep a portion of the gym available for open gym. However, on occasion, all areas may be needed for programs, leagues or special events. Please keep in mind these rules are meant to ensure a comfortable and safe atmosphere for everyone. Please be courteous and respectful of others and the facility.
- Shirts must be worn.
- Shorts, sweat pants, or warm-ups must be worn.
- Proper footwear is expected, no bare feet.
- Non-marking court shoes must be worn on the gym floors.
- Towels are suggested to wipe off excessive sweat (excess sweat can accumulate on the floor and cause slipping. Towels will not be provided by the Community Center.
- NO food or open beverages containers allowed.
- Water containers must have a secure lid and cannot be taken onto the gym floor.
- No glass or metal containers.
- Clean up and report spills to staff.
- No foul language.
- No spitting.
- Gambling, fighting, threatening, or indecent conduct will not be permitted.
- Children under 12 must be supervised at all times.
- The athletic staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items. We recommend you leave your valuables at home or lock them up.
- Be aware that others will be using the facility.
- Only radios with head sets are permitted.
- The athletic staff reserves the right to resolve all conflicts during play on the gym floor.
- Any disputes over times, players, games and procedures are to be brought to the athletic staff.
- When a session has ended, PLEASE leave the floor promptly so the next scheduled activity can begin.
- All equipment is to be used in the proper way.
- No kicking or sitting on basketballs or volleyballs
- If using The Kroc Center equipment, it is to be returned to the proper place following use.
- Dunking or hanging on the basketball rims is prohibited.
- No hanging on volleyball nets.
- An inappropriate use or abuse of The Kroc Center or equipment may result in termination of privileges.
- Good sportsmanship is expected for all activities. The athletic staff reserves the right to eject anyone not following the rules of The Kroc Center.
- NO organization practices except for rentals.